Google Analytics is arguably the most widely used web analytics tool on the market. And while it has a huge database from which you can benchmark your metrics, it also has a steep learning curve. For smaller businesses without the time and resources to invest in becoming an analytics expert, it might not be the most logical choice.
That’s why there’s Statcounter. Have you heard of it?
Statcounter bills itself as a user-friendly interface that’s easy to learn, navigate and manage for marketing firms of all sizes. Users can maximize their digital marketing efforts by tracking visitors, weighing metrics and leveraging detailed reports.
Tried and true?
Statcounter has been around since 1999. Surprise! That’s six years longer than Google Analytics.
What users love:
- Offers free basic services with options for paid upgrades (and the premium version is less costly than Google Analytics)
- Ideal for daily monitoring and tracking statistics
- Quick and easy way to see what’s working and what isn’t
- Supports over 70 platforms, including Google sites, WordPress, Tumblr, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
- Provides interactive customer support via email or live chat
What users find lacking:
- Database isn’t as big or comprehensive as Google Analytics
- Inability to offer more advanced analytics like customer segmentation
- May not be suitable for large scale businesses
If you’re looking to track basic analytics and keep your content marketing efforts on track, Statcounter could be the right took for you. Take it for a test drive and let us know if you make the switch.